Saturday, June 4, 2011

Los Estados Unidos

Saturday, 10:24 a.m.

Please note the time...that's right now!

The rumors are true - I am back to the United States. Finally!

After far too many calculations, it was determined that by the time I was back in Eugene I had been up from 7:45 a.m. on Thursday morning to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday in Spain.

Math is not my strongest suit, but that is a lot of hours! I'd only been traveling from 3:00 a.m. on Friday to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday though, if that makes it any better.

Each leg of the journey brought Sara and I a little closer to being in a land where English is the primary language. We were thrilled to finally touch down on American soil in Philadelphia, and were ecstatic when we reached our "final" destination in Seattle.

These guys were waiting for me:



And then we started the long drive home. I gobbled the snacks my dad and Jonny brought for me - carrots and a PBJ sandwich - and marveled at the large vehicles, the presence of rest areas, and the novelty of listening to the radio.

We pulled up to good ol' 2270 at 4:00 a.m. I have never been more happy to see home.

After four hours of sleep, I decided to get up and start my day - I'm trying to avoid jet lag as much as I possibly can. Today I plan on returning to the mother ship (Target) and then lounging in the sun alternating between reading all the celebrity gossip magazines that have been bestowed on me and snoozing.

Even though I'm home now, keep an eye on this blog - I still have a few parts of my trip to write about, plus some final thoughts.

It's so good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment