Monday, May 23, 2011

el cumpleaños de mi papá...y otras cosas

9:37 p.m.

First of all, let me wish a happy birthday (ahem, feliz cumpleaños) to my wonderful papá! He is turning a very young age today, obviously! If you've ever taken a Spanish class, you've probably sung "Feliz cumpleaños a ti..." to the tune of the "Happy Birthday" song, but did you know that is wrong? A guy in our group's birthday was today also and we sang to him, but you sing "Cumpleaños feliz" to the tune of the usual song.

I know you're really glad you know that now.

Ignore my silly face in this photo and please note the birthday boy in the following photo...

And now you may note the Zumba skirts Kendall and I are rocking - que guay, si? (That means "how cool, yes?")

I have been Zumba-ing up a storm over here lately. And by that I mean that whenever I hear Shakira's waka-waka Africa or whatever song Zach was obsessed with last summer, I do the few moves I can remember Tanya teaching me.

Sometimes people think I'm cool.

Other times they just laugh.

Let's not talk about it.

I'm writing this from the market in one of my last few weeks of being in Spain. Only 11 more days to go! It's gone by so quickly and so slowly at the same time. I have a few more papers, a presentation, and next week's finals and then I'll be done...and moving onto my senior year.

But let's not talk about that either.

We have an excursion to los Picos de Europa on Friday, and then I will be trying my best to have a great final weekend in Spain!

I'm in the process of creating a bucket list of things to do with the rest of my time here...I'll let you know what it contains as soon as I finish it. I see a lot of ice cream and beach time in my future, that's for sure!

Hope you all had a great weekend and are having a good start to your week! Happy birthday, daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment