Wednesday, April 6, 2011

El seis de abril

I need to take a moment and tell you all how tired I am. SO tired. Falling asleep during class (turn the lights off and I'm gone!), falling asleep at the beach, falling asleep while taking a test this evening...not that I'm complaining! I actually enjoy being tired - it makes falling asleep somewhere that isn't home much easier, plus it means that my day wasn't a complete waste.

Today I had my usual classes, then raced home to scarf down lunch before heading to the beach with most of the group. The beach we went to (Playa de Sardinero) is about a 40 minute walk from my house, so it's a bit of a schlep, but it's such a pretty walk!

For instance, this is what I saw on my way:


It was definitely another beautiful day in Santander - it was 27˚ C, which means it was 80˚ F...pretty nice for the start of April!

Everyone keeps telling us that this weather is out of the ordinary for this time of year in Spain, but I'm just going with it. I've decided that it's a reward for all the rainy days during spring term last year.

We stayed at the beach for around at hour-and-a-half (with sunscreen this time, so no sunburn for me!) before going to take a test to determine our language aptitude. Or something. We'll take it again at the end of our time here, obviously improving by leaps and bounds. I think.

The test was more annoying than anything else - it didn't specify how long we needed to write for, and the spoken portion was a pain in the butt! We had to wear headsets and speak into a microphone, which is really odd to do in a silent classroom. We all sat around looking at each other for a while before the first brave person finally started talking and we all followed suit.

I came home and ate dinner (early tonight - it was 8:30) and have been studying for my quizzes tomorrow for the past hour. Tomorrow brings a shorter day of classes and some more lovely weather - beach time once again!

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment