Monday, February 14, 2011

Things to do...

It's week seven here at Oregon State, which means that there are only a couple weeks left of the term. I leave for Santander in approximately 38 days. I am excited and scared at the same time...but we can leave that to another post, because the main point of this one is to talk about how stressed I am about all the things I have to do before I leave!

There's a lot involved with getting ready to leave the country for 10 weeks...

I have to square everything away - financial aid, advising, declare a major (yes, that should have been done months, if not years, ago), declare a minor...

I have to buy things - new laptop battery, laptop case that is more protective than mine is now, new foundation (we were told make up prices are high in Spain), a Kindle, sensible/cute/weatherproof flats (the difficulty there is that the flats must meet all of those specifications), toiletries, a suitcase, a bigger carry-on bag, a passport/ID holder, power convertors and a money belt, to name a few.

I have to pack - I'm the girl who packed 30 shirts to go to California for 10 days. How on earth am I supposed to pack - lightly, mind you - for two months? I've heard glorious things about the shopping in Santander though, so I suppose if I forget something I can find it there.

I have to pack my room - I'm vacating my room and hopefully filling it with a renter for the term, which means everything must go. Luckily my across-the-bathroom roomie has offered to let me store things in her room, which will make the moving part a little more convenient.

I have to finish out the term - hard enough to do without the thought of Spain looming in the distance.

And of course there are a million other little things I'm forgetting, ranging from seeing a travel nurse, putting together a list of contacts with phone numbers, researching Travelex and Eurorail, getting any necessary immunizations...

So clearly, I have things to do...wish me luck!

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment