Monday, May 2, 2011

Semana Cinco Recap

Monday, 9:00 a.m.

Sorry for my lack of posts last week! School was keeping me extremely busy, and every time I had access to Internet I was using it for schoolwork.

On Tuesday Sara, Kyla, and I gave a presentation on Catedral de León in our culture class. I was a little nervous to be up in front of the class, speaking Spanish and trying to teach them about something I really didn’t know that much about, but it went pretty well. My professor told us we did a good job afterward, so hopefully that was heartfelt!

On Wednesday, I had a final for my conversation class. This final (one-on-one with the professor) consisted of a little vocab test (we had to create a list of 300 words and our professor picked several for us to explain to her – in Spanish, of course), a few questions on a story we read, and a conversation on the topic of our choice. Since I’ve already had conversations with her about books and family, I talked to her about another favorite topic of mine – my boyfriend :) Stop gagging everyone, it was precious! And it got me an A, so there! (Okay, so I’m just guessing about the A, but I still feel pretty confident).

On Thursday we had a mid-term for our art culture class. I studied so hard for this test! I was very prepared for it and think I did fairly well – I hope to find out tomorrow and will keep you posted. It’s definitely the hardest class – grammar and conversation are definitely easier concepts for me to remember and grasp than art and history of Spain. After the test I got a paper back that I wrote a few weeks ago – an A :)

Those were all of the big projects of the week, but I also had a lot of other homework assignments to do for my grammar class. Our professor offered to move our mid-term to Tuesday (tomorrow), and we were ready to accept but then decided to see if she’d be willing to move it to Wednesday since we were all going to be traveling this weekend. Asking a teacher to postpone a test even further never works in the United States, but apparently here it works just fine (with Isabel anyway), because now our test is on Wednesday.

This week we start a new class – España Actual – to replace our conversation class. It’s taught by the same teacher I had for my conversation class, so I know I’ll enjoy it.

And there you have a quick week-in-review! As you know, on Friday it was off to Madrid. Stay tuned!

♥ Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment