Monday, April 25, 2011

lunes

5:20 p.m.

Nothing that exciting to report here...I am writing this from Mercado del Este. When I'm here, I'm always waiting for someone to come up to me and ask why I'm stealing their internet. I figure WiFi is advertised on all the entrances, so someone might as well be using it...right?!

Today I walked to school in a torrential downpour. It was raining so hard and was so windy that I arrived to school almost completely soaked (my North Face rain shield and cheetah-print umbrella helped the top half of me stay dry, although I looked rather touristy). My paints were drenched and took several hours to dry, and the entire contents of my backpack were soaked. My pristine notebooks now have wrinkled pages and torn corners from being wet. I guess this weather is what I get for missing home, huh? Thank you Spain, for my taste of Oregon...

Classes today were boring and gave me plenty of homework. This week is sort of like midterms-time at Oregon State. In these next three days I have a presentation (it was supposed to be today, but I don't mind having the extra time to prepare), two tests, and lots of homework. I like being busy, but that's a lot of stuff to be doing at once! Especially in a foreign language.

After class I returned home for a delicious garbanzo bean-chicken noodle-soup. With carrots. Carrots! I was so excited to see a vegetable I didn't even mind that they were all mushy and cooked. I ate, then proceeded to spend the next few hours working on my vocabulary list for my culture class. Now I'm at the market, borrowing internet until I go over to Kyla's to study later.

Even though I don't like not having internet for communication purposes, there's no denying that my lack of it keeps me more productive. I spend my time actually doing homework, and when I don't have anything else to do, rather than waste time, I spend it reading. I'm going through books really quickly here, and welcome any suggestions of new books to download on my handy-dandy Kindle!

Hope all of you had a lovely Monday!

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment