Monday, April 4, 2011

An interesting meal...

3:06 p.m.

Picture the following food:

- White rice
- Canned tuna
- Some sort of white cheese
- Deli ham

By themselves they're all decently passable food (I say passable because I don't really like white rice and I prefer turkey to ham).

Are you picturing all those foods?

Now picture them cold.

And now - here's the kicker - picture them all mixed together.

That was lunch today. Rice with chunks of tuna, cheese, and ham, all swimming happily together in the tuna water.

I feel as if it is an acquired taste...one that I don't expect to acquire any time soon.

I chased it down with four cups of water (my host mom's cousin commented that I seemed very thirsty today) and an orange.

I am one of the pickiest eaters in the world, but while I'm here if I'm picky, I won't eat. I've learned that I'd rather eat gross food than no food, but today's eating was really forced.

In other news, I have a lot of homework today. It's strange.

And in
other other news, today is my lovely Aunt Gwen's birthday. Happy birthday Gwen!

[[Gwen and I at the Library of Congress in June 2008.]]

Now I am off to brush my teeth and gargle with mouthwash until I can no longer taste lunch. And then I will be doing homework until Sara and I go to Lupa (the grocery store near us) to procure nail polish remover, dental floss, and candy. The lack of sugar in my life is becoming a problem. Hope you all have a good day!

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment