Thursday, April 14, 2011

el catorce de abril

Thursday, 4:27 p.m.

This post is brought to you by my friend Kyla...I am currently at her apartment, sitting on the terrace with her while we "work on our project". Basically, we're hanging out and I'm borrowing her internet. It's nice.

Today was a quick day at school (only two classes). We took a quiz in grammar - I didn't find it too difficult, but that doesn't really mean anything. After a break (in which I sent a few e-mails because I still don't have internet at my apartment) I went to my conversation class. Today we had an oral quiz - we had to talk to our teacher individually for 10 minutes about a topic of our choosing. Naturally I chose books (Samantha, Kendall, Marissa...you can stop laughing anytime. Please and thank you). That conversation went well and I was good to go by 1:20 - later than I'm supposed to get out on Thursdays, but that's what I get for having a last name at the bottom of the list! Next time I get to go near the beginning.

I was home before 2:00 and got to eat right away - a random yet delicious mix of rice, chicken, and a fried egg. I read in my room for a while before heading over to Kyla's. We're listening to country music on her terrace that overlooks the quiet city (it's lunch time, so no one is out about about right now).

I don't have anything planned for this weekend, except for a few projects and papers I have due next week. Other than that, I'm hoping to get some serious beach time and relaxing in.

This week has been nice - I settle into this city a little more every day. My friends here have been a great help, as has everyone back home. I was spoiled with mail this week - a letter and a card from my sweet boyfriend, Jonny, plus the packages from my grandma and parents. Not to mention the e-mails I get all the time from everyone back home. Everyone's love and encouragement really means a lot! It makes my time here a lot easier.

Continue to hope and pray that internet returns to my house soon!

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment