Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday afternoon

This is what my Friday afternoon looked like:


This morning Sara, Becca and I went on a run and were out for an hour (no Zach, I wasn't running the whole time...so don't be too proud of me). We went home and got cleaned up and ate, then went to the beach for a half hour (plus the hour walk, round-trip) before returning home for lunch. After lunch we left for the beach and were in the sun for another three-and-a-half hours.

So that explains the sunburns I have...my shoulders are cooked and have clear tan lines from that lovely purple dress pictured above. I also sport a swimsuit burn line, an apple-shaped burn line from my necklace, and a cross-body bag burn line.

It's so pretty...

Not!

I blame Spain's strong sun and lack of sunscreen - we went to several pharmacies, a couple grocery stores, and some convenience stores looking for it. Apparently it's only sold at make-up stores, where we never thought to look. I was wearing sunscreen at the beach, round two, but by then it was too late.

I'm planning on buying a big ol' bottle of it, plus a huge floppy sun hat (sorry Jonny!) to protect me from burning any further.

Regardless of the burn, I had a lovely day in the Spanish sunshine :)

♥ abigail

1 comment:

  1. Sun sounds absolutely splendid! I am so glad you are having a good time and keep your skin safe :)

    ReplyDelete