Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sangria, chocolate con churros, y sol

Thursday, 3:29 p.m.

Today is Thursday, which means it's my Friday. We have Fridays off in order to accomodate our traveling, but I'm not anxious to leave Santander anytime soon, so I'm staying put for the weekend. For now, I'm going to stick around town and explore the city (tomorrow is supposed to be around 75 and I have deemed it a beach day)...I have plenty of time to travel! And I don't really like the unnecessary stress that traveling brings me, so for now staying put is the best idea.

This weekend I'll probably have a glass or two of this:
Sangria is so good, and the only alcohol in the world I can drink without making a face...yes, I know, that's not that impressive considering it's loaded with sugar and fruit, but alcohol is alcohol, right?


And I'm definitely going out for these tonight:
Meet my new best friend (and worst enemy), chocolate con churros. So deliciously decadent and wonderful, but I know they offer no nutritional value...you only live once, right? These are way better than Costco churros (the only churros I've ever had), and with the added chocolate...Oh. My. Goodness. My friends and I have decided to try to find the best churros in Santander...clearly a tough job, but someone has to do it!


And this is where I live:
Adorable, right? I'm terrible with knowing where I am in here, but I think my window is the top middle one? I can't be sure...but it doesn't really matter, because it's the prettiest apartment building I've ever seen.


I hopefully have a lot of this in store this weekend as well:
This was taken on my way home from school today. Every time we pass these stairs we marvel at the view and stop to take a photo or two (very tourist-like of us, I know). It has been so gorgeous today, so we're doing our best to take advantage of it.

This afternoon Sara and I are going to wander the streets for a while before my Skype date tonight...I'm pretty sure ice cream will be involved. Afterward we're going to meet up with some friends for shopping (a very intimidating process here for me!) before returning home for dinner. After dinner we're going to "go out", which for us means another walk, and possibly some chocolate con churros.

Tomorrow Sara and I are planning on starting the day off with a run (to burn off all our desserts) before heading to the beach for the afternoon and evening...throw in a lot more wandering and dessert-finding, plus Skype dates and no homework, and it's shaping up to be a pretty good weekend here in Santander!

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment