Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Una mirada en mi dormitorio

Wednesday, 3:42 p.m.

I have yet to take pictures of the outside of my apartment (my camera is zipped and snapped away in a safe pocket of my super-safe European backpack that is impossible for thieves - and even me sometimes - to get into)...but I took a few of my room and my view on Tuesday. Enjoy!

This is where I sit...please note the sad little message on my computer screen telling me that, once again, I don't have internet.


Despite the lack of internet, this spot does have a pretty good view. Although I'm not going to lie to you...I didn't realize the view was of the street in front of my house. I stuck by hand out the window to take this photo and then realized that it is, in fact, Calle del Sol! I blame the 82 winding stairs for the confusion. These are the apartments I see when I look out the window and the church where my friends and I meet to walk to class.


This is my sweet little bed and closet...if you saw the size of my suitcase you'd be surprised that all my clothes fit easily in here with plenty of room to spare. I think I need to do a major closet purge once I'm back in the U.S. - there is no way I need all the clothes I have back home. I haven't missed anything yet, which I take to be a good sign. The shelves behind my bed have a lot of my host mom's books (in Spanish) and guidebooks from exchange student's past (in English), as well as my toiletry items (neatly arranged, por supuesto).

I hope you enjoyed your tour of my room! I'll try to post more pictures when I have stronger internet - you should see the foods I've been enjoying with my friends (sangria and churros con chocolate and helado are our favorites so far).
♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment