Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Showering in Spain

I know I've only been in Spain for a few weeks, but I already know what is going to be my favorite purchase of the trip.

Meet Bob. Pronounced in Spanish ("Bohb"). As in Bob Esponja (yes, he's even more annoying in Spanish than in English, thanks for asking).


I bought Bob at Lupa today for 0.59 euros (85¢). I've been having sub-par shower experiences while in Spain. Until now.

The sub-par experiences come from the fact that the shower is teeny-tiny. I have to stand at an angle in order to avoid bumping my elbows while washing my hair. I also have to bring my shower items in every time because there aren't any shelves or places to put bottles. It's not that big of a deal. Until your leg is covered in shaving cream (which doesn't last long if I don't stand exactly right to block the water from rinsing it off prematurely)...and then you realize that your razor is down the hall in your room.

But I digress.

The real source of my sub-par showering experience is that I didn't bring a loofah with me. I only use body wash (not bar soap), and it really requires some sort of loofah in order to create a lather that actually cleans me.

I've been missing the lather.

But today I found Bob. I brought him home and used him right away.

I love Bob. He's covered in some sort of soft fabric that creates a gentle exfoliating experience that is just lovely.

Seriously. Best purchase ever. I might buy some more Bobs (he comes in a variety of colors) to bring home.

He's that good.

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment