Wednesday, April 13, 2011

From disgruntled to delighted

I was disgruntled today because I wasn't able to get on the Internet before I left for school. I know it's a silly thing to be upset about, but when you're a million miles away from your family and friends, being able to send an e-mail or two in the morning is a comforting thing.

I was further disgruntled on my way home from school - I wasn't able to get on the school's internet, plus I came home with a lot of homework and studying to do.

My grumpy mood melted away when I walked into my room and saw this:


My sweet host mother washed my clothes the other day and they were dry this morning...and then she proceeded to iron everything and fold it all neatly. She even separated everything by category (dresses, tank tops, underwear, etc.). I don't remember the last time I ironed - I usually stick things back in the dryer if they're wrinkled, and I reserve ironing for special occasions only. Needless to say, it was a nice thing to come home to.

Also nice to come home to was this:


My lovely family sent me a package! I was even more excited when I opened it and saw the Sunday comics...

The pictures I took of the things inside somehow disappeared off my phone...but believe me when I tell you, they are fantastic! I now have enough Easter candy to last me for the rest of my time here (but if I'm being honest, that probably won't happen), plenty of granola bars, Goldfish crackers, toiletries I left behind, and family photos, among other things (like the complete second season of One Tree Hill).

[[Side note: I'm in Mercado del Este right now, and someone's phone just rang - it was a ringtone of R2D2 sounds. Love it!]]

I've been spoiled by the number of packages and letters I've been receiving lately. Thank you to everyone who's helped make my time here a little easier!

I need to finish this up because I am stealing internet right now (I still don't have any at my house) and I have to head home and study some more.

Hopefully my internet will return...keep your fingers crossed!

♥ abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment