Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A grandmother's intuition

Tuesday, 3:14 p.m.

You know how moms all seem to have that intuition about them? They know when you're up to something you shouldn't be, how to best fix problems, and how to know what you plan on doing to your sibling before you do it. Among other things.

Well, grandmas have that same intuition - but my grandma also apparently has the intuition that tells her when I'm going to be hungry.

Today I walked home from school feeling especially ravenous (my stomach growled - loudly - several times in my last class today. We're talking people a few seats over turned to see if it really was little ol' me making that big ol' noise). I was mentally making a shopping list on the walk - I'm reaching the end of my granola bar stash and planned on going to the store today to replenish my supply.

I got home and found this on my desk:


I recognized my grandma's handwriting and opened the box with great excitement, and was further excited to find this:


My sweet grandma sent me a new supply of granola bars (my favorite kind even! I tell ya, grandmas just know), instant oatmeal, trail mix, travel toilet paper (such a convenient thing to have here! I immediately put a roll in my backpack and another in my purse), and Easter candy.

Needless to say, this is a well-appreciated package. Thanks, Grandma!

In other news, last night I made another Spain purchase...these lovely sandals that I'm hoping to live in once the sun returns:



They came from Natura, the cutest little hippie store that looks (and smells) like a slightly more stylish Eugene.

As for school (that's why I'm here, right?), today it was filled with new information. My classes seemed to drag on, partially due to the fact that I was really hungry, and they get to continue to drag on in my apartment now because my teachers assigned a lot of homework.

This means that this afternoon and a chunk of this evening will be spent at my desk, working on my assignments. I really know how to live it up here in Spain!

♥ abigail

1 comment: